Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hotel Living

I'm writing today from the lovely Hyatt Place Hotel in south Santa Fe.  Why?  Just a little getaway for my oldest daughter and I.  It has been a great trip for us.  The main reason for the trip has been to go through a rite of passage ceremony   ritual sacrifice service   purity curriculum.  We also did a little shopping!  And eating (food which I did not have to cook).

I have to say, telling someone (my own daughter) about some of the hard things in life  is much easier when you push the play button and let someone else on a cd do it for you and then do a little follow-up.  That sounds a little bit lazy but I have been dreading this conversation for some time.  They don't give you this info when you bring that tiny wriggling being home from the hospital.  You somehow have to figure it all out on your own, or worse, throw them to the wolves let their peers inform them.  It could get MESSY!

I'm not going to share all the details of this experience with you...or anyone...for that matter.  It has been a special bonding time with her that I would not trade and would recommend to anyone facing a daughter of this age.  We have had some beautifully candid conversations.  And more than anything, I've gotten to hang out with my oldest daughter for two days without her siblings and she felt special.

Plus, I got a really cute purse!  Enough said!

Have a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment