Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Ups with the Downs

Isn't life just like a roller coaster?  It's amazing to me that we aren't just dizzy all the time, with that woozy feeling in the pit of our stomach.

Several people have asked me "So...what are you going to do with yourself now that the kids are all in school?"  I have to tell you that I have not had one normal day since we started school a month ago.  Between volunteering and taking kids from here to there, making cupcakes and bringing them to class, visiting with parents outside the school, picking up sick kids, helping with homework, going to open house events,  putting out all kinds of little fires, and doing all the regular things I do to keep our house running while also hosting people every weekend, not one quiet-sit with my feet up-watch HGTV-eating bonbons (where do you get bonbons?)-kind of day.  Confession- I did take a nap yesterday afternoon.  It was one of those fall into a coma for two hours kind of naps.  Thankfully, I woke in time to go get the kids from school and then take them to the park for a play date, come home and make a quick dinner before going to the oldest one's school for Open House, come home and finish homework, play with the little one, do showers, read bedtime stories, and  put everyone to bed. 

So my answer is "This"... "I am doing this"...and you know what, I kind of like it.  I am staying more busy now than I ever was with all of the kids at home.  It feels really chaotic sometimes but we are beginning to get into a groove.  We all have a lot going on both during the week and on the weekends but we're getting it all done and having a good time as a family while we're doing it.  We've met some great people this month and are building on those relationships.  I am enjoying it so much!

I must say, I could do without all the illness we've experienced since we've been here, but I know that it is just part of life.  You can either let it get you down or face it head on and move past it.  At the moment our oldest daughter has pneumonia.  I could easily be freaking out and worrying but it wouldn't help the situation. We're letting her rest and taking one day at a time. 

In the meantime, I will  help make popcorn for the weekly fundraiser at the elementary school today, make cupcakes to take to the little one's class tomorrow, shuttle her to ballet and back, try to feed everyone something healthy to eat for dinner...and the day will be done before I know it.  I guess I better get everyone up and going now...ready, set, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment