Sunday, April 8, 2012

Behold the Hands



"Even these may forget but I will not forget you.  Behold I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands."  Isaiah 49:15-16

After reading these verses a few years ago I wrote this poem.  I am thankful to have my name tatooed on God's hands today.  I thought it would be a good day to share this.

Behold the Hands
by Melissa Duke


Behold the hands of my newborn child
Pink and fragile
Gripping new life
Bringing joy


Behold the hands of my toddler son
Chubby, dimpled fingers
Holding on to steady his feet
Bringing wonder


Behold the hands of my young daughter
Covered in dirt and paint
Reaching for knowledge
Bringing creativity


Behold the hands of today's youth
Open and longing
Searching for answers
Bringing desire


Behold the hands of a bride and groom
Fingers entertwined
Hoping for happy endings
Bringing companionship


Behold the hands of a parent
Never idle
Striving for patience and compassion
Bringing sacrifice


Behold the hands of my mother
Strong yet gentle
Playing with my daughter's hair
Bringing comfort


Behold the hands of my Grandfather
Weathered and worn
Remembering days gone by
Bringing wisdom


Behold the hands of my Savior
Wounded and bleeding
Crying out to a lost world
Bringing life


Behold the hands of my Lord
Covered in the names of His children
Waiting with anticipation
Bringing hope


Behold the Hands



May God bless you this amazing Easter day as we remember His sacrifice for us.




No comments:

Post a Comment